Monday, May 27, 2013

Pasta and couscous with salmon, grilled and raw veggies

Summer is here, which means time to start putting my favorite salads into the weekly rotation. If you don't know, I heart heart HEART salads.

Tonight I'm serving my family a pasta/couscous based salad with raw and grilled vegetables and baked salmon. You can grill your salmon if you prefer. Oh, and don't forget the cheese!

Instructions: 

Cook and chill: 
Tri colored pasta
Couscous
Salmon (My family doesn't prefer salmon as the focal point in this salad, but rather as an accent. YMMV.)

Raw vegetables:
Basil
Grape tomatoes
Beet greens
Red, orange and yellow sweet peppers
Thawed corn
Radish
Baby radish tops
Cilantro

Grilled vegetables:
Carrot
Asparagus
Zucchini

Garnish with:  
Grated Parmesan
Feta

Dress with: 
Newman's Own Italian Dressing, or your favorite Italian dressing 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment